September 8, 2022 - The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Watch for the mountains and desert that will go into effect from 8 am Friday to midnight Friday night.
The Flood Watch means excessive rainfall is in the forecast, which may lead to localized areas of flooding. Property owners should take every measure to prepare their properties with proper stormwater best management practices (BMPs).
Below are some useful resources that the County of San Diego has developed to show what BMPs could help protect your property from this and future rain events.
- ReadySanDiego.org's Flooding Preparation
- Free Sand and Sandbags for Unincorporated Areas –
- Be sure to call the location ahead of time for hours of operation and resource availability.
- Watch the instructional video: “You’ve Got Your Sandbags, Now What?”
- Project Clean Water's Rainy Season Checklist
- Commercial Facility Rainy Season Preparation
- Industrial Facility Rainy Day Preparation
- Capture and use rainfall by harvesting rainwater
- Manage your irrigation practices carefully by Understanding Your Irrigation Controller