CDFA's Healthy Soils Program (HSP), promotes the development of healthy soils on California’s working lands . The program has two components: the HSP Incentive Program and HSP Demonstration Projects.
Eligible practices include on-farm management practices that Include but are not limited to: Cover Cropping, No-till, Reduced till, Conservation plantings, Mulching, and Composting.
WHO iS ELIGIBLE:
- California farmers, ranchers and Federal and California Recognized Native American Indian Tribes.
- Projects must be located on a California agricultural operation.
- University and research farms, and city community gardens are not eligible for funding through the HSP Incentives Program. These entities may apply for the HSP Demonstration Projects.
- Awards are limited to one per agricultural operation using a unique tax identification number per round of funding.
- Individuals or business entities receiving grant award funds must be located in California with a physical California business address.
- up to $100,000 for the Incentive program
- up to $250,000 for Demonstration Projects
For more information contact MRCD at 760.728-1332
or Ester Mosase at UCANR firstname.lastname@example.org
the CDFA Heatlhty Soils website https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/healthysoils/